E-Judo

Judo network and forum

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

finarashi

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

Post by finarashi on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 pm

finarashi wrote:One study that looks at effect of strangulation

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0004-27492009000300011&script=sci_arttext

The article made my eyes pop.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    finarashi

Post by finarashi on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:

Your answer made me sigh.

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 am

finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I couldn't just leave it.

Seriously, the article is a welcome addition. As far as I am aware, though it is something I have thought about, there is no previous paper published on this topic. Thank for posting it, I did not yet know of its existence. It expands the data we so far had on shime-waza.

"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)

beyondgrappling

Post by beyondgrappling on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:07 am

google translate?

ccwscott

Post by ccwscott on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

Seriously, the article is a welcome addition. As far as I am aware, though it is something I have thought about, there is no previous paper published on this topic. Thank for posting it, I did not yet know of its existence. It expands the data we so far had on shime-waza.

I know there's been at least one other. Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago. Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:28 am

ccwscott wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I know there's been at least one other.  Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago.  Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.

On the effect of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure ?

What do you mean about "there was a study done on dogs some time ago" ? There are studies being done and being published on dogs all the time. I was obviously talking about studies of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure, when I said that I was not aware of other studies published on 'THIS' topic (not on 'OTHER' topics, obviously).

ccwscott

Post by ccwscott on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    ccwscott wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I know there's been at least one other.  Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago.  Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.

On the effect of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure ?

What do you mean about "there was a study done on dogs some time ago" ?  There are studies being done and being published on dogs all the time. I was obviously talking about studies of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure, when I said that I was not aware of other studies published on 'THIS' topic (not on 'OTHER' topics, obviously).

A study done on the effect of Judo chokes on dogs. There was no indication in the OP that the study had anything to do with ocular pressure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am