E-Judo

Judo network and forum


    Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Share
    avatar
    Q mystic

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2013-02-10

    Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Q mystic on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:50 am

    Gene Simmons...



    _________________
    Judo should adopt Sambo shorts to keep low attacks clean.
    avatar
    Q mystic

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2013-02-10

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Q mystic on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 am

    Alice Cooper...



    _________________
    Judo should adopt Sambo shorts to keep low attacks clean.
    avatar
    Q mystic

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2013-02-10

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Q mystic on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:53 am

    Incredible really.


    _________________
    Judo should adopt Sambo shorts to keep low attacks clean.
    avatar
    Stacey

    Posts : 553
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : your worst nightmares

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Stacey on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:42 pm

    straight edge
    avatar
    BillC

    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by BillC on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

    Vince Furnier ... Alice Cooper ... struggled with alcohol for years.

    Gene Simmons hit on Terri Gross ... 'nuff said.


    _________________
    Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

    - Kipling
    avatar
    NBK

    Posts : 1109
    Join date : 2013-01-10
    Location : Tokyo, Japan

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by NBK on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:48 pm

    BillC wrote:....
    Gene Simmons hit on Terri Gross ... 'nuff said.

    Man, that is sick! The dude really needs help!!
    avatar
    Q mystic

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2013-02-10

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Q mystic on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:50 pm

    BillC wrote:Vince Furnier ... Alice Cooper ... struggled with alcohol for years.

    Gene Simmons hit on Terri Gross ... 'nuff said.

    Yeah, I see now that Alice quit drinking in 1986 so that does change things.

    But Gene didn't really hit on her it doesn't seem...

    on wiki under her difficult interviews...

    The February 4, 2002, interview with Kiss singer and bassist Gene Simmons began with Gross mispronouncing Simmons' original Hebrew last name. Simmons dismissively replied to her that she mispronounced it because she had a "Gentile mouth;" Gross responded that hers was not a Gentile mouth, as she is actually of Jewish heritage. She went on to question Simmons' views on the importance of money. In the interview, Gross begins a question "so having sex with you" to which Simmons interjects, "you're going to have to stand in line". Gross continued with questioning Simmons about his many liaisons. Later Simmons said "If you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs," to which Gross replied, "That's a really obnoxious thing to say." Unlike most Fresh Air guests, Simmons refused to grant permission for the interview to be made available online on NPR. However, the interview appears in Gross' book All I Did Was Ask, and unauthorized transcripts and audio of the complete original interview exist


    Either way, who would have really believed Gene wasn't a party guy back then with his show on stage.


    _________________
    Judo should adopt Sambo shorts to keep low attacks clean.
    avatar
    NBK

    Posts : 1109
    Join date : 2013-01-10
    Location : Tokyo, Japan

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by NBK on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:12 am

    He was outed recently, repeatedly by his long term lover and mother of his kids who made it clear he is all hat no cattle and in effect she'd remove his manhood if she caught him w another woman.

    And she's quite a woman.
    avatar
    BillC

    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by BillC on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:11 am

    Q mystic wrote:
    BillC wrote:Vince Furnier ... Alice Cooper ... struggled with alcohol for years.

    Gene Simmons hit on Terri Gross ... 'nuff said.

    Yeah, I see now that Alice quit drinking in 1986 so that does change things.

    But Gene didn't really hit on her it doesn't seem...

    on wiki under her difficult interviews...

    The February 4, 2002, interview with Kiss singer and bassist Gene Simmons began with Gross mispronouncing Simmons' original Hebrew last name. Simmons dismissively replied to her that she mispronounced it because she had a "Gentile mouth;" Gross responded that hers was not a Gentile mouth, as she is actually of Jewish heritage. She went on to question Simmons' views on the importance of money. In the interview, Gross begins a question "so having sex with you" to which Simmons interjects, "you're going to have to stand in line". Gross continued with questioning Simmons about his many liaisons. Later Simmons said "If you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs," to which Gross replied, "That's a really obnoxious thing to say." Unlike most Fresh Air guests, Simmons refused to grant permission for the interview to be made available online on NPR. However, the interview appears in Gross' book All I Did Was Ask, and unauthorized transcripts and audio of the complete original interview exist


    Either way, who would have really believed Gene wasn't a party guy back then with his show on stage.

    I listened to the interview live ... it will horrify Mr. Natural Born Killer to know that I listen to Fresh Air whenever I happen to be in the car when it's on ... which used to be often ... anyway, the Wikipedia summary is not accurate ... he was being a creepy jerk and she handled it quite well.

    Gee ... same clip twice on one day? Why don't I mix it up?





    _________________
    Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

    - Kipling
    avatar
    BillC

    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by BillC on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 am

    NBK wrote:He was outed recently, repeatedly by his long term lover and mother of his kids who made it clear he is all hat no cattle and in effect she'd remove his manhood if she caught him w another woman.

    And she's quite a woman.

    Indirectly relevant and similar ... once when I was getting my ass publicly chewed out ... and not in a good way ... by my big, loud Texan boss on the factory floor during my internship year ... a sympathetic divorcee with life experience and the early wrinkles to prove it announced just as loud in return ... "Don't worry about him hon.  Big belt buckle and little bitty d***!"


    _________________
    Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

    - Kipling
    avatar
    Q mystic

    Posts : 319
    Join date : 2013-02-10

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Q mystic on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 am

    Well, I'm sure it was her that asked Gene to do an interview. I suspect she should have known better.

    All hat and no cattle? Shannon married a rock star, not a porn star.=)

    His ability on stage and that he never required alcohol or drugs to perform this way, unlike many other performers, is what's impressive.Smile 


    _________________
    Judo should adopt Sambo shorts to keep low attacks clean.
    avatar
    BillC

    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by BillC on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:31 am

    Q mystic wrote:Well, I'm sure it was her that asked Gene to do an interview. I suspect she should have known better.

    All hat and no cattle? Shannon married a rock star, not a porn star.=)

    His ability on stage and that he never required alcohol or drugs to perform this way, unlike many other performers, is what's impressive.Smile 

    Sure, admirable indeed considering the times and the circumstances. Zappa might be considered in the same discussion.

    But I think I get hung up on the word "require." I think ultimately artists come to understand that mind-altering substances may open up possibilities that otherwise might not make the stage, but that they get in the way of their art in the end. Did Gauguin and Van Gogh paint with bright, unstructured color because they were geniuses utilizing new pigment technology? Or did their use of tinctures of various substances make the world seem that way ... or at least more interesting that way? Would they simply have lived longer and gone on to break even more new ground had they imbibed more cautiously? Would we remember Hendrix as Hendrix, Janis as Janis, Jim as Jim, Belushi as Belushi, Rush as Rush? We will never know.


    _________________
    Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
    Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
    But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
    When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

    - Kipling
    avatar
    Tai-Jutsu

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2013-09-19
    Location : Woodbridge,Va. USA

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Tai-Jutsu on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 am

    NBK wrote:He was outed recently, repeatedly by his long term lover and mother of his kids who made it clear he is all hat no cattle and in effect she'd remove his manhood if she caught him w another woman.

    And she's quite a woman.
    Yeah, well a few years back there was a clip that came out f him laying back while a woman, not Shannon was on his lap, they were both sans pants of any kind.

    I suspect there is an agreement of sorts and Caligula can only guess what they do together and with others?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Uncanny that these guys were anti drugs and alcohol...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:32 pm