Old Chestnut

Re: The REAL Dog Judo!

Post by Old Chestnut on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Kot wrote:Is it Joke?

Don't get catty Wink 
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 pm

It would be fun to see him try any of these techniques against a livelier breed that wasn't playing..

Dalai Lama

Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 am

Dog Judo has just become a real possibility:

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/BZR-graphic-images-brazilian-man-gets-a-dog-face-by-plastic-surgery-4298698-PHO.html?seq=1&HF-30=

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    seatea

Post by seatea on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:Dog Judo has just become a real possibility:

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/BZR-graphic-images-brazilian-man-gets-a-dog-face-by-plastic-surgery-4298698-PHO.html?seq=1&HF-30=
    Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 am

...I'm inclined to doubt the credibility of the article (though not because I don't think that people have the capacity for the required levels of eccentricity). Is that working even (reasonably) physiologically and medically plausible?

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 am

Quicksilver wrote:

...I'm inclined to doubt the credibility of the article (though not because I don't think that people have the capacity for the required levels of eccentricity). Is that working even (reasonably) physiologically and medically plausible?
    As you know, many forms of body alteration exist, some of which our culture accepts and some which it doesn't. There are those which have been found universally pleasing since a long, long time in our culture and which are very discreet, such as ear piercings for single earrings. Multiple earrings are a much more recent phenomenon (at least in a general population) and so are piercings of other organs and less discreet, such as belly button, nose,tongue, nipples and sex organs. Tattooing although very commonly known and very prevalent still sharply divides people. There are the very large body-covering Japanese tattoos which used to be unseen in the West, but which now also exist here even though in Japan they are largely associated with Yakuza mafia.

More incisive alterations are circumcision, of which the male form is common among Jews and in certain countries (US), while not at all in other countries or other religious beliefs. The female alternatives are commonly not accepted in Western cultures and even considered crimes, whereas they are the norm in certain African tribes and countries. Something similar with lip-plates in the underlip and neck-rings to stretch the neck, or ritual scarification.

I think it was in London many years ago when a female artist was on the frontpage of respected newspapers after her decision to have devil's horns implanted. Since then there are also people who have vampires' canine teeth implanted.

Some of the most factual body changes obviously include gender changes which are now medically entirely possible. People who undergo gender changes have long time struggled with the socio-psychological issues of wanting to belong to the other gender or being trapped in the wrong body. With such body modification having become possible the discussion in recent years have much moved from a medical contexts to a civil rights context with many issues showing similarity to issues that are considered important to gay/lesbian people. There is no doubt an equally strong psychological component in people whose desire for body modification far outweighs that what is is necessary to correct medical malformations or deficiencies, or that what is essential to socially or psychosexually function. Clearly implanting devil's horns falls outside of this context. I have heard stories of women who wanting to look more cat-like, not seeming to realize that a cat is an animal, and that such wishes have more to do with fantasy and and psychopathology.

To come back to your question, is this medically possible ? Oh, sure it is is. It is even a lot easier than transsexual operations In transsexual operations and some cosmetic surgery following damaging cancer-surgery. After all, this "dog-surgical modification" requires only an aesthetic change, a superficial change. A transsexual change on the other hand requires functional changes with relocation of nervous parts in such a way that after the modification a different desired function is operational.

"Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    seatea

Post by seatea on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 am

Quicksilver wrote:

Like you I am willing to accept that there are people... odd enough to want this kind of thing done and there are doctors greedy enough to go through with it if the right incentive is there.

So I Google it, and no, it isn't real; it is a piece of art created by a Brazilian artist in 2004 (a South American Damian Hirst I guess). The dog parts are real but they are stiched onto a model of the artists head.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/man-dog-face.shtml

Last edited by seatea on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    seatea

Post by seatea on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 am

This guy is 'prolly the most famous body modder. He died not long ago. I hope he managed to find whatever he was looking for in his moddifications.

Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 am

seatea wrote:
    Quicksilver wrote:

Like you I am willing to accept that there are people... odd enough to want this kind of thing done and there are doctors greedy enough to go through with it if the right incentive is there.

So I Google it, and no, it isn't real; it is a piece of art created by a Brazilian artist in 2004 (a South American Damian Hirst I guess). The dog parts are real but they are stiched onto a model of the artists head.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/man-dog-face.shtml
    So I guess the "b-word" becomes offensive again. Too bad ! Maybe someone told him to stop being such a B**** !

Quicksilver

Post by Quicksilver on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:

To come back to your question, is this medically possible ?  Oh, sure it is is. It is even a lot easier than transsexual operations In transsexual operations and some cosmetic surgery following damaging cancer-surgery. After all, this "dog-surgical modification" requires only an aesthetic change, a superficial change. A transsexual change on the other hand requires functional changes with relocation of nervous parts in such a way that after the modification a different desired function is operational.
    Perhaps I misunderstood the implication in the article that the person had actually had real canine body parts transplanted including a jaw?

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Quicksilver wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

To come back to your question, is this medically possible ?  Oh, sure it is is. It is even a lot easier than transsexual operations In transsexual operations and some cosmetic surgery following damaging cancer-surgery. After all, this "dog-surgical modification" requires only an aesthetic change, a superficial change. A transsexual change on the other hand requires functional changes with relocation of nervous parts in such a way that after the modification a different desired function is operational.
    Perhaps I misunderstood the implication in the article that the person had actually had real canine body parts transplanted including a jaw?
    Dog body parts are not a good match for humans. This sounds funnier than I mean. What I mean is that they will be rejected for the body. Certain pig organs on the contrary, have a lower chance of rejection, such as for example pig's heart valves. There are experiments where through genetic manipulation scientists hope to reduce chances for rejection. Do, however, not underestimate as in most cases of organ transplantations even from other humans (unless from a twin), people have take anti-rejection medicine for the rest of their lives.

Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 am

I didn't find anything in the Old Testament regarding barehanded fighting of dogs.

Post by BillC on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:00 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:I didn't find anything in the Old Testament regarding barehanded fighting of dogs.
    Thirteen days since the first post ... that was a pretty quick read ... maybe you'd better look closer.  Try reading it in Hebrew maybe ...

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 pm

BillC wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:I didn't find anything in the Old Testament regarding barehanded fighting of dogs.
    Thirteen days since the first post ... that was a pretty quick read ... maybe you'd better look closer.  Try reading it in Hebrew maybe ...

It's Bently, not Benjamin.

Here is a possible reference to hand to paw combat from the Torah / "Old Testament"

Proverbs 26:17
    Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own.
    Proverbs 26:16-18 (in Context)

Wait, that one should be in the "Okano Sensei rank outrage thread".
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Real Frog Judo...

+1 to the snake too tho, fighting for lunch when hideous giants are poking him while trying to eat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm