E-Judo

Judo network and forum


    Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Share

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

    In the specific forum all fans of judo can deposit their opinion on controversial phases of the biggest  Judo fights.
    Also, users have the ability to upload their own videos and ask the opinions of other users and referees who are registered in this forum. Starting from today with a really strange decision from:
    Grand Slam Moscow 2013  -73kg VAN TICHELT (BEL) - REKHVIASHVILI (GEO)  
    Tell us your opinion:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/forum/referees-corner/


    Last edited by JudoPortal on Fri May 09, 2014 3:56 am; edited 8 times in total

    Davaro

    Posts : 224
    Join date : 2013-01-04
    Location : South Africa

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by Davaro on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm

    I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM


    _________________
    Dew wrote:
    We could have a poll - but if the majority vote for "Judo roly poly" its going to ignite fascist dictatorlike tendencies lurking within me.


    http://www.saizenjudo.wozaonline.co.za/

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 pm

    hey Davaro,
    I agree with you and is clear ipon for GEO.
    I would appreciate if you make your comments inside the specific post:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-slam-moscow-2013-73kg-van-tichelt-bel-rekhviashvili-geo/
    Thank you in advance

    davidn

    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 45
    Location : northern CA

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by davidn on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am

    Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM? I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

    Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.

    nomoremondays

    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Location : Looking for Stars (sort of)

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by nomoremondays on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

    davidn wrote:
    Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

    Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.
    not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    but i think, its not a HSM but a bad decision.

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm

    ho nomoremondays,
    I would appreciate if you make your comments inside the specific post:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-slam-moscow-2013-73kg-van-tichelt-bel-rekhviashvili-geo/
    Thank you in advance

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 am

    Today you can see the second phase:
    Grand Prix Amsterdam 2011
    -81kg ELMONT G. (NED)-NIFONTOV (RUS)
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/judo-grand-prix-amsterdam-2011-81kg-elmont-g-ned-nifontov-rus/

    davidn

    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 45
    Location : northern CA

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by davidn on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:
    Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

    Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.
    not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    but i think, its not a HSM but a bad decision.
    I can't find it in the rules. I found two things remotely mentioning it:

    Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs unless simultaneously attempting a throwing technique is not considered to be the normal Kumikata and the contestant must attack within 5 seconds or the contestant will be penalised with “Shido”.
    and then in the clarification for kawazu gake I found:

    Techniques such as Osoto-gari, Ouchi-gari, and Uchi-mata where the foot/leg is entwined with opponent’s leg will be permitted and should be scored.
    so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed? Can you find some other mention that I have not?

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 pm

    hi everybody.....
    I made this section and i will add all those kind of judo phases.....but i would appreciate if all of you make your comments in the section of the link i gave you.
    Thank you in advance
    TakiS Vakatasis

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 pm

    Thank you George (Greek Judo Coach) ......i will be there:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/forum/referees-corner/

    davidn

    Posts : 26
    Join date : 2013-01-09
    Age : 45
    Location : northern CA

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by davidn on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am

    JudoPortal wrote:hi everybody.....
    I made this section and i will add all those kind of judo phases.....but i would appreciate if all of you make your comments in the section of the link i gave you.
    Thank you in advance
    TakiS Vakatasis
    Why can't we discuss here? Why do I want to go to a discussion forum to go to yet another discussion forum? (we have moved from topic of video anyway, maybe i'll make another post somewhere else where every other response isn't to go talk about it someplace else)

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 pm

    hello Davidn,
    The reason is very simple.......i just publish here the link of my site.....there you can see the video and there also you can comment right away.....why are you wondering ''why'' anyway everyone can do anything he wants.....no problem at all Smile 

    nomoremondays

    Posts : 122
    Join date : 2013-01-03
    Location : Looking for Stars (sort of)

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by nomoremondays on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 am

    davidn wrote:
    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:
    Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

    Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.
    not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    but i think, its not a HSM but a bad decision.
    I can't find it in the rules.  I found two things remotely mentioning it:

    Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs unless simultaneously attempting a throwing technique is not considered to be the normal Kumikata and the contestant must attack within 5 seconds or the contestant will be penalised with “Shido”.
    and then in the clarification for kawazu gake I found:

    Techniques such as Osoto-gari, Ouchi-gari, and Uchi-mata where the foot/leg is entwined with opponent’s leg will be permitted and should be scored.
    so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed?  Can you find some other mention that I have not?
    Hi Dave, sorry i missed your reply earlier. i think i was not clear in my reply. its not a HSM worty action by itself, but a penalty action if done too much. not sure wher exactly it is in the rules though.

    Ben Reinhardt

    Posts : 790
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Bonners Ferry, Idaho, USA

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by Ben Reinhardt on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 am

    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:
    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:
    Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

    However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

    Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.
    not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    but i think, its not a HSM but a bad decision.
    I can't find it in the rules.  I found two things remotely mentioning it:

    Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs unless simultaneously attempting a throwing technique is not considered to be the normal Kumikata and the contestant must attack within 5 seconds or the contestant will be penalised with “Shido”.
    and then in the clarification for kawazu gake I found:

    Techniques such as Osoto-gari, Ouchi-gari, and Uchi-mata where the foot/leg is entwined with opponent’s leg will be permitted and should be scored.
    so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed?  Can you find some other mention that I have not?
    Hi Dave, sorry i missed your reply earlier. i think i was not clear in my reply. its not a HSM worty action by itself, but a penalty action if done too much. not sure wher exactly it is in the rules though.  
    Kawazu Gake is a specific throw, not simply the act of using the kawazu action as part of another recognized throw, like Ouchi Gari, Osoto Gari, Uchi Mata.

    In Kawazu Gake, tori and uke are facing the same direction, with uke behind tori. Tori performs the kawazu action on one of uke legs, then throws himself directly backwards onto uke, normally throwing himself (tori) at the same time. This is a very dangerous act towards uke. Don't try it at home!

    This (Kawazu Gake) is specifically forbidden in past and present Kodokan and IJF competition rules.

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/world-judo-championships-rio-2013-o100kg-jaballah-tun-el-shehaby-egy/

    Fritz

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2013-01-16

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by Fritz on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 am

    Nice stuff, "blue" seems to have forgotten that there is a fight and an opponent,
    its the right punishment for his complaining theatrical gesture...
    goodjob


    _________________
    Best regards

    _Fritz_

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 pm

    I agree with you, this is the right....but what about ''fair play''?
    In such a high level judokas!!!

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:05 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/world-judo-championships-rio-2013-66kg-dragin-dimitri-fra-shikhalizada-aze/

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:14 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/european-judo-championships-juniors-sarajevo-2013-semifinal-100kg-strueber-ger-tushishvili-geo/

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-prix-tashkent-2013-70kg-kudarova-dinara-kaz-matniyazova-uzb/

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:21 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://judo.com.gr/forums/topic/50472/

    JudoPortal

    Posts : 691
    Join date : 2013-01-05

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by JudoPortal on Fri May 09, 2014 3:58 am

    Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://judo.com.gr/forums/topic/european-judo-championships-montpellier-2014-semifinal-60kg-mudranov-beslan-rus-safarov-orkhan-aze/

    Sponsored content

    Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:45 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:45 am