E-Judo

Judo network and forum

judo for lazy person

matiooo

judo for lazy person

Post by matiooo on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi
    Im 22 years old and i hadnt done any sport in my life .and now i want to start judo but when i went to the gym and saw their exercises i saw that at least i should know some thing like Somersault .my body isnt strong at all .what would you recoment to me ? participate in body buliding classes(to become stronger)or be in gymnastic classes to become a few more flexible?

DougNZ

Re: judo for lazy person

Post by DougNZ on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 pm

matiooo wrote:Hi
    Im 22 years old and i hadnt done any sport in my life .and now i want to start judo but when i went to the gym and saw their exercises i saw that at least i should know some thing like Somersault .my body isnt strong at all .what would you recoment to me ? participate in body buliding classes(to become stronger)or be in gymnastic classes to become a few more flexible?
    Doing judo is the best way to prepare your body for doing judo.

still learning

Post by still learning on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:45 pm

DougNZ wrote:
    +1
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:55 am

DougNZ wrote:
    +2

btw, they don't expect you to do summersaults and the like until they teach you to do summersaults and the like. It's not like they're just going to throw you to the wolves with no training. We start at the ground. You get to learn to fall, and fall properly, before you get to do anything more dynamic.

Go to a class. Get an intro session. What you see now is where you'll eventually be. You don't start out there; you work your way up to taht point.
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 am

The most efficient way for a lazy person to do judo is to stay off the tatami all together and just read the Judo forum without writing any posts. In that way it requires even less of an effort than true kuchi-waza, which still requires someone to use his mouth or hand and wrist muscles. True lazy Judo Forum judo we simply call "armchair judo". Go for it ! You'll meet many new friends. Very Happy 

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:45 pm