E-Judo

Judo network and forum

World Judo Kata Championships Kyôto 2013 - Kôdôkan goshinjutsu demonstration by Aussie pair

Cichorei Kano

World Judo Kata Championships Kyôto 2013 - Kôdôkan goshinjutsu demonstration by Aussie pair

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 am

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Judoturtle

Re: World Judo Kata Championships Kyôto 2013 - Kôdôkan goshinjutsu demonstration by Aussie pair

Post by Judoturtle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks for that....should've made it private!! Haha!
    Judoturtle

Re: World Judo Kata Championships Kyôto 2013 - Kôdôkan goshinjutsu demonstration by Aussie pair

Post by Judoturtle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 am

My old Sensei was happy CK - her and my mother see each other at the shops now and then...

Date: 2 November 2013 3:44:27 PM AEDT
    To: "Wayne and Mary Clifford"
    Subject: Re: James and Steve's KDK Goshin Jutsu

Dear Mary, 2nd Nov, 2013

Thank you for your e-mail of the boys. I can only tell you that they are truly fantastic and I wish to convey my sincere congratulations to both of them.

Best wishes for now,
    Pat
    NBK

Post by NBK on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 am

Looks pretty good - how'd you place?

Was there any feedback from the ratings? I expect you got minor hits for initial weapons handling in the bow, some other points.
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am

Judoturtle wrote:My old Sensei was happy CK - her and my mother see each other at the shops now and then...

Date: 2 November 2013 3:44:27 PM AEDT
    To: "Wayne and Mary Clifford"
    Subject: Re: James and Steve's KDK Goshin Jutsu

Dear Mary,                                                                        2nd Nov, 2013

Thank you for your e-mail of the boys.  I can only tell you that they are truly fantastic and I wish to convey my sincere congratulations to both of them.

Best wishes for now,
           Pat
    That's a good reference. I hope your sensei is doing well.

Keep up the good work, and keep practising !

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Judoturtle

Post by Judoturtle on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 am

NBK wrote:Looks pretty good - how'd you place?

Was there any feedback from the ratings?  I expect you got minor hits for initial weapons handling in the bow, some other points.
    I am tori, my brother is uke - we came 14th, though we were told that the hand slip in the first knife attack cost us 4-5 places... CK has gone over this with me extensively this morning - I appreciate it...

Two shodans from Australia were never going to win the event I'm sure, however the training and lead up as well as the competition itself were thoroughly enjoyable - actually priceless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:03 pm