E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Just saying hi

Rightintheface

Just saying hi

Post by Rightintheface on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 am

Hey guys. Really sorry to see the old forum gone. Just dropping in to give an update. You guys used o enjoy letting me brag about my cute kids. Time has been good to us. We moved back home to the Midwest, my two are 5 and 3 now, and the little girl starts baby BJJ this week which is pretty neat.
    Hope all is well with you, and hope you'll update me on your lives too.
    Mike
    Stacey

Re: Just saying hi

Post by Stacey on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 am

hey! it's RITF! Welcome! You need to post pics of your little one in her bjj kit.

Rightintheface

Post by Rightintheface on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:04 am

Will do! How are you?
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 am

not as good as you - you've grown an entire family! Last I heard, your second was just born. Glad to see you back and getting your daughter hooked on grappling early.

Rightintheface

Post by Rightintheface on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 am

Yeah, my son is doing pretty well. A little scare early on but healthy and happy now. My daughter just started Kindergarten, and we are home in Iowa. Things are pretty good. And I'm able to get back to some grappling, which is awesome. I did a bjj tourney in July and got second in the beginner. Doing a couple more comps soon and chasing my blue belt so I can get more of a challenge.
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 am

well, now you have the chance to talk about grappling from two different perspectives - self and parent. Hope you're in a great part of Iowa for judo, not just bjj and wrestling (all of Iowa is wrestling, right?). Kindergarten? We need pictures! I remember when you posted her first little pics, and now you're getting ready to help with homework! How's she doing with little brother? How's wife doing? Has she taken up grappling yet?

Rightintheface

Post by Rightintheface on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm so happy to be grappling again. And today I worked with a guy who's willing to spar hard, and he'a huge. I am going to become SO explosive and technical working with him.
    I'm in Sioux City IA, which has a great judo resource in Sensei Karen Mackey. I haven't made her acquaintance yet, but I will soon.
    I'll get on computer and shoot you guys some pics tomorrow. I'll even include my big bald head in there so you can see my mat burns!
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:54 pm

ooohhh! mat burns!!!

Say hi to Mackey sensei for me. She's a keeper - a real asset to judo, not just Iowa judo.
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:47 am

Hey RITF, welcome to the new forum. Good to see you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 pm