E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Club logos/designs

JudoSensei

Re: Club logos/designs

Post by JudoSensei on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 am

I removed the period at the end of the link so it should work now, or just type it in.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:25 pm

JudoSensei wrote:I removed the period at the end of the link so it should work now, or just type it in.

Punctuation counts. Thank you Sister Editha!

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling
    Smitty2A35

Post by Smitty2A35 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 pm

My profile pic is our club logo.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 am

Heisenberg wrote: ... we're about 100 miles north in Gainesville.UF Judo Club.

Don't know that I will get down that way any time soon ... but if I do I'd be up for a few rounds of getting my butt tossed around by your college guys.

Smitty2A35 wrote:My profile pic is our club logo.

... and a handsome logo it is. When playing with those much, much larger than me I have often hoped my ancestral rodeo skills were genetic.

Heisenberg ... your logo, your profile pic/avatar and Smitty's are remarkably similar. I'd guess it's the most popular pattern in the country.

But I actually like Heisenberg's avatar as a club logo better than the other one. It could be lithium for the judoka that keeps on going, and going, and going. Or it could represent nitrogen for explosive judo ... or smothering your opponents?

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling
    Smitty2A35

Post by Smitty2A35 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Smitty2A35 wrote:My profile pic is our club logo.

BillC wrote:... and a handsome logo it is.  When playing with those much, much larger than me I have often hoped my ancestral rodeo skills were genetic.

Heisenberg ... your logo, your profile pic/avatar and Smitty's are remarkably similar.  I'd guess it's the most popular pattern in the country.

But I actually like Heisenberg's avatar as a club logo better than the other one.  It could be lithium for the judoka that keeps on going, and going, and going.  Or it could represent nitrogen for explosive judo ... or smothering your opponents?

And that is the reason I chose it. The original question had to do with branding of sorts for a club, right? Well, right or wrong, here was the thinking:
    I moved to the most rural, least populated state in the US. No judo in my area at all. (I believe there were clubs before I arrived, but for some reason or another shut down). I wanted something that folks new to judo could see and visually connect our small local club in town to the rest of the "judo world" so I opted for the more popular Kodokan-style representation for the base. I would venture to say you are correct in thinking it is the most popular pattern out there for clubs in the US.  

The buckin' horse? 100% Wyoming. It is the "official" unofficial symbol for damn near anything in the state. The North Platte runs through all the communities in my area around here...

Nothing mystical or fancy. Just trying to visually connect judo with the very Western area I live in.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Smitty2A35 wrote:
    The buckin' horse? 100% Wyoming. It is the "official" unofficial symbol for damn near anything in the state. The North Platte runs through all the communities in my area around here...

Nothing mystical or fancy. Just trying to visually connect judo with the very Western area I live in.

... and city emblem of the little town I grew and started judo in ... but which turned into a big snotty suburb in a state filling fast with imported nutcakes .... and I am glad i don't live there any more.

It may have been used on our club logo at one point, before Bill Maughan sensei changed it to the quatrafoil. It certainly was on the side of Dale Samuels' police car ... kind of handy having a cop as a sensei from time to time when you are a teenager. Wink

- Kipling
    Smitty2A35

Post by Smitty2A35 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

Lol. The buckin' horse is on the side of my patrol unit as well. And your last statement has been echoed by more than one of the club parents Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:27 am