E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Ezoic financing round

Jonesy

Ezoic financing round

Post by Jonesy on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:44 am

The acquirers of the old Judo Forum, Ezoic have been successful in raising finance.

http://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/2013/11/13/ezoic-raises-5-6m-introduce-multivariate-testing-web-masses/

What I had not realised was that Ezoic was a startup. Their acquisition of Judo Forum was the single factor that led to its demise.
    BillC

Re: Ezoic financing round

Post by BillC on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:53 am

Jonesy wrote:The acquirers of the old Judo Forum, Ezoic have been successful in raising finance.

http://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/2013/11/13/ezoic-raises-5-6m-introduce-multivariate-testing-web-masses/

What I had not realised was that Ezoic was a startup. Their acquisition of Judo Forum was the single factor that led to its demise.

What demise? Some VC just gave them $5.6 million bucks.

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling
    NBK

Post by NBK on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:54 am

Perhaps the VC investing in Ezoic hadn't done its homework. Technically incompetent, not caring about its 'customers', failing to follow through on promises to keep the site solid and stable.... the list goes on.

I can't imagine their track record was the same across multiple sites; they'd be out of business in a heartbeat.

Hanon

Post by Hanon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:03 am

The last I heard was the BOD at Ezoic had been made Judo forum 10th dans? Cool 

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:11 pm

NBK wrote:Perhaps the VC investing in Ezoic hadn't done its homework.  Technically incompetent, not caring about its 'customers', failing to follow through on promises to keep the site solid and stable.... the list goes on.

I can't imagine their track record was the same across multiple sites; they'd be out of business in a heartbeat.

Young sir, you certainly seem not to have been around the greatest minds of American b-schools lately. Service is a cost to be minimized. And we are supposed to eliminate our most demanding customers because they take up too much of our time. Time means labor cost ... productivity equaling revenue per employee ... the way chosen to improve that indicator has not been to increase revenue, rather to decrease employees since the latter take little creativity or courage ... Wall Street loves this.

Wish I were being facetious ... I am not.

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:15 am

On the bright side, Ezoic recently sold judoinfo.com. I am working with the new owners (judoka.com) to restore it to its former glory. Already the information is fully accessible in the form it was about 5 years ago. I'm happy to see the content move to someone actually interested in judo.

If anyone wants to restore the old forum, maybe they can buy it.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:45 am

JudoSensei wrote:On the bright side, Ezoic recently sold judoinfo.com. I am working with the new owners (judoka.com) to restore it to its former glory. Already the information is fully accessible in the form it was about 5 years ago. I'm happy to see the content move to someone actually interested in judo.

If anyone wants to restore the old forum, maybe they can buy it.

I noticed that when you provided a link the other day ... it worked great. New owners? Makes sense.

Thanks.

- Kipling

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm