E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Judo for disabled people

Cichorei Kano

Judo for disabled people

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 am

Does your club or federation follow special promotion requirements for disabled people ? If so, why not share them here so we can learn about other approaches ?

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

wdax

Re: Judo for disabled people

Post by wdax on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:48 am

Here it is: http://www.jvst.de/pdf/2013/131211_kyu_fuer_behinderte.pdf
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:58 am

wdax wrote:Here it is: http://www.jvst.de/pdf/2013/131211_kyu_fuer_behinderte.pdf

Thanks, wdax ! Are there any special provisions for shodan for disabled people in your federation ?

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

wdax

Post by wdax on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    wdax wrote:Here it is: http://www.jvst.de/pdf/2013/131211_kyu_fuer_behinderte.pdf

Thanks, wdax !  Are there any special provisions for shodan for disabled people in your federation ?

No, the special provisions are only made for kyu-grades. There were some ideas about expanding it to dan-grads, but it was dropped. The discussions were controversal, mainly because of the problem of an exact definition were disability begins - specially if it is about metal disability.

But I was not involved and I do not know more about it.
    seatea

Post by seatea on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:45 pm

I don't know if there is any set pathway in the BJA, but I train with a guy with cerebral palsy. He only has one fully functional limb (left arm) and uses a motorized wheelchair.

He has been training for a couple of years now and is a 4th kyu so far. I believe his gradings are done mainly on ne-waza (randori and katame-no-kata), but also some tachi-waza, such as a modified nage-no-kata.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am