E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Need help finding a nagekomi video- one that you guys'll definitely know!

NYCNewbie

Need help finding a nagekomi video- one that you guys'll definitely know!

Post by NYCNewbie on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 pm

A couple of years ago I came across a vid on the old site, and I've been looking for it ever since.  In it, two excellent, high-level Judoka take turns throwing each other like rag dolls for 4-5 minutes.

-Both guys are Caucasian
    -It's just the two of them-- no one else can be seen in the video
    -I believe both are French speaking, and they could be French Canadian
    -One is noticeably shorter than the other
    -The video is stunning for it's crispness in terms of throw execution; it's literally a master class of speed, power, finesse, imagination, beauty, skill, and timing
    -They throw each other hard- I mean it's like cannons going off
    -They each dance around the dojo making full use of the space
    -Pretty much every throw in the Gokyu is on display
    -I, you, and everybody else could watch it fifty times in a row and not get sick of it

Ring a bell?  I remember that these guys have/had other vids- and I can't even find those.  I'm dying to see this particular one again- can any of you help point me in the right direction?

beyondgrappling

Re: Need help finding a nagekomi video- one that you guys'll definitely know!

Post by beyondgrappling on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 pm

is this it?
    2 white guys
    4-5 minutes long...although it is a sambo video

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 am

beyondgrappling wrote:is this it?
    2 white guys
    4-5 minutes long...although it is a sambo video

No Matt- but thanks anyway- that's a cool video…

No- the one I'm looking for is pure Judo Nagekomi- I mean just utter perfection (at least to my admittedly novice eyes).  These two guys link up and dance around the room in this fluid, Judo-style and just straight-up snap! techniques on each other- throw after throw after throw.

It's beautiful- two high-level Yudansha performing Nagekomi in a way I could only dream about.  As I said before- they are definitely not American- they're either French or they're French Canadian.  I remember because their names were French.

I think YouTube took their vids off the air (there were a couple of them if I remember correctly, including the one that I can picture right now as I write this), but now I can't find them.  

I remember the taller guy throwing Tai Otoshi a lot...but really there was pretty much every move on there…

Just a fantastic demonstration of Judo.

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:05 am

Guys think of the coolest, sparest, most basic yet fundamentally sound few minutes of Judo, the combatants waltzing across the tatami and snapping throw after throw after throw upon each other like choreographed dancers-- truly perfect Nagekomi.

And now they're gone- I can't find them anywhere…

I'm hoping my description(s)'ll ring a bell.

I want to study these guys and find out more about them.

tafftaz

Post by tafftaz on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I know the video you speak of. Both French judoka. Cannot remember the name at the moment but it will come back to me. Will post as soon as I recall it.

tafftaz

Post by tafftaz on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:04 am

Ok, I think the guy you are looking for is Jean Luc Barre.
    He has a few videos on youtube.

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:33 am

tafftaz wrote:Ok, I think the guy you are looking for is Jean Luc Barre.
    He has a few videos on youtube.

You are exactly correct sir!  The thing is, believe it or not I actually found him last night (finally- took me hours of scrolling from one thing to another and getting warmer and warmer, like a treasure hunt), and I was going to post but it was like 4am.

But here's the funny thing: I found videos of his- even ones filmed at the exact same dojo space as the particular one I was imagining (and likely on the same day), but I still can't find the exact, particular one of those I'm looking for!!!

Here is what I found so far, one coming the closest (meaning it involves the same two gentlemen in the same dojo space, but is not actually "the one"):

Here's another one that's closer in spirit (it's Nagekomi) but involves different Judoka.

Ian Robertson

Post by Ian Robertson on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm

I am coming to this late, and unfortunately don't have anything very useful to add. Only that I instantly recognized the video in question from the description NYCNewbie provided in his first post. He nailed it--certainly some of the nicest, even most spectacular judo I have ever seen. I am glad that I wasn't the only one who was left shaking his head after seeing it...

Ian

spiderdom1985

Post by spiderdom1985 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:05 pm

hi the second jean luc barre video doesn't show up on my computer and cant find it on youtube.does any one have it or now the title of it so I can find it on youtube easier.or has it been taken down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 pm