E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Peanut allergy

PJ

Peanut allergy

Post by PJ on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:34 am

I just read a post in a thread (originally about judo but someone took it off-topic) where someone refers to orthodox jews wanting to only practice with males and points out that it's wrong to go somwhere then expect the place to change their pre-existing rules and culture to suit you.

However, then the guy makes a similar comment about kids with peanut allergy and complains about not being allowed to give his kid a peanut sandwich (presumably meaning in the presence of another kid with peanut allergy) "just because" someone else's kid has a peanut allergy.

Why do people feel a sense of entitlement to put other children's lives at risk for their own selfish wants? Crazy.

I'm betting he wouldn't like it if his kid had a peanut allergy (which is life-threatening and can be triggered by the SMELL of peanuts) and someone decided that they didn't care whether his kid died from it.

Ridiculously, the guy claimed that the kid's parents have a "sense of entitlement" for not wanting their kid dead!

So why do people act like this about life-threatening allergies?
    BillC

Re: Peanut allergy

Post by BillC on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:44 am

Like many things ... do you think maybe the problem is not what people do, but HOW THEY DO IT?

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling

PJ

Post by PJ on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:27 pm

BillC wrote:Like many things ... do you think maybe the problem is not what people do, but HOW THEY DO IT?

Not when it comes to protecting a child from a life-threatening allergy. I don't have kids but if I did and they had a peanut allergy, I would do everything I could to protect them.

And requesting that a kid doesn't eat peanut sandwiches near a kid with a life-threatening peanut allergy sounds very reasonable to me.
    BillC

Post by BillC on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 am

Yeah ... it's pretty clear ... you have no idea what I am talking about.

When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!

- Kipling

DougNZ

Post by DougNZ on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:12 am

BillC wrote:Yeah ... it's pretty clear ... you have no idea what I am talking about.

Bill, don't be so rude. Did you not read the by-line?

Hanon

Post by Hanon on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:28 am

Bill sensei and Doug sensei. It appears to be the fishing season again. The debate is going to be who is going to bite the bait?

Mike

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.

DougNZ

Post by DougNZ on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 am

Hanon wrote:Bill sensei and Doug sensei. It appears to be the fishing season again. The debate is going to be who is going to bite the bait?

Mike

Quite right.  Time to down rods.

PJ

Post by PJ on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:23 am

BillC wrote:Yeah ... it's pretty clear ... you have no idea what I am talking about.

Apparently so. So could you please explain?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm