E-Judo

Judo network and forum

April fool's in the dojo

Ryvai

April fool's in the dojo

Post by Ryvai on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:33 pm

As many of us have already experienced; today is the 1.april and the infamous april fool's is imminent.

We where thinking of introducing new IJF rules regarding leg grabbing; It is now allowed to grab a single leg as long as it is done in combination with an attack on the other leg. Would be hilarious, and useful for sneaking in some kuchiki-taoshi/kibisu-gaeshi into the all so typical "IJF-rules only" judo training.

We are planning to fool the class a bit today. I want to hear your suggestions for a dojo prank Smile
    Udon

Re: April fool's in the dojo

Post by Udon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm

I used your "dojo prank" and emailed my judo friends that theIJF has reversed its position on leg picks and now allows them if used etc.
    Sadly most saw through the joke, but it did catch some.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:06 am

I'm a big fan of April Fools. Had we had a class that day I was going to ask sensei if he would announce that the new IJF rule is that two hands on one side is now illegal regardless of whether the attack is immediate or not.
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:49 am

Raj Venugopal wrote:I'm a big fan of April Fools. Had we had a class that day I was going to ask sensei if he would announce that the new IJF rule is that two hands on one side is now illegal regardless of whether the attack is immediate or not.

Hahah, that would cause a small riot ^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 pm