E-Judo

Judo network and forum


    Skilful application of katame waza

    Share

    Ricebale

    Posts : 423
    Join date : 2013-01-01
    Location : Wollongong Australia

    Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Ricebale on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:36 am

    http://instagram.com/p/nSmkuhvnol/

    I like!!!!!!

    The set up was very deliberate, I like how he faked the throw entry only to roll over the arm and onto the mat for the finish.

    beyondgrappling

    Posts : 73
    Join date : 2013-01-26

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by beyondgrappling on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:33 pm

    so so so awesome. I know Jake Benstead from Australia attempts this a lot

    TheJudoLife

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2014-04-27
    Location : UK

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by TheJudoLife on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 am

    This clip has caused much debate among my judoka friends, with some of them claiming it should be hansokumake for either a) kick in the back of the head, b) Throwing with an arm-lock applied. c) Driving uke's head/neck into the mat.

    For the record, I don't agree and think it is legitamate, I just thought I would see what other people think.

    Cichorei Kano

    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 856
    Location : the Holy See

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Cichorei Kano on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:23 am

    TheJudoLife wrote:This clip has caused much debate among my judoka friends, with some of them claiming it should be hansokumake for either a) kick in the back of the head, b) Throwing with an arm-lock applied. c) Driving uke's head/neck into the mat.

    For the record, I don't agree and think it is legitamate, I just thought I would see what other people think.

    They're all idiots and whining pussies. It's a perfectly legitimate standing armbar and techniques like that have been permitted for ever except by referees who too are idiots and whining pussies.


    _________________


    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 59
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by judoratt on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:23 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    TheJudoLife wrote:This clip has caused much debate among my judoka friends, with some of them claiming it should be hansokumake for either a) kick in the back of the head, b) Throwing with an arm-lock applied. c) Driving uke's head/neck into the mat.

    For the record, I don't agree and think it is legitamate, I just thought I would see what other people think.

    They're all idiots and whining pussies. It's a perfectly legitimate standing armbar and techniques like that have been permitted for ever except by referees who too are idiots and whining pussies.

    Put a little sugar in your coffee CK Razz Razz 

    Cichorei Kano

    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 856
    Location : the Holy See

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Cichorei Kano on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 am

    judoratt wrote:
    Put a little sugar in your coffee CK Razz Razz 

    No coffee here, mate, just creamy caramel shakes !  thumbs 



    _________________


    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

    afulldeck

    Posts : 377
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by afulldeck on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    They're all idiots and whining pussies. It's a perfectly legitimate standing armbar and techniques like that have been permitted for ever except by referees who too are idiots and whining pussies.
    judoratt wrote:
    Put a little sugar in your coffee CK Razz Razz 

    No coffee here, mate, just creamy caramel shakes !   thumbs 


    Wow. CK woke up on the wrong side of the bed and still made a commercial. Impressive.


    _________________
    “I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.” ... Epicurus at Sen. Lucil, 29.10

    Cichorei Kano

    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 856
    Location : the Holy See

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Cichorei Kano on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:14 am

    afulldeck wrote:

    Wow. CK woke up on the wrong side of the bed and still made a commercial. Impressive.

    What wrong side of the bed ?



    _________________


    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

    Ben Reinhardt

    Posts : 790
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Bonners Ferry, Idaho, USA

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Ben Reinhardt on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    TheJudoLife wrote:This clip has caused much debate among my judoka friends, with some of them claiming it should be hansokumake for either a) kick in the back of the head, b) Throwing with an arm-lock applied. c) Driving uke's head/neck into the mat.

    For the record, I don't agree and think it is legitamate, I just thought I would see what other people think.

    They're all idiots and whining pussies. It's a perfectly legitimate standing armbar and techniques like that have been permitted for ever except by referees who too are idiots and whining pussies.

    Rock on, CK, Rock on !



    _________________
    Falling for Judo Since 1980

    afulldeck

    Posts : 377
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by afulldeck on Thu May 01, 2014 5:07 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    afulldeck wrote:

    Wow. CK woke up on the wrong side of the bed and still made a commercial. Impressive.

    What wrong side of the bed ?


    Got me. Looks like there is plenty of space on that bed for you and your party friends....My only question is where do you connect the handcuffs? :-)


    _________________
    “I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.” ... Epicurus at Sen. Lucil, 29.10

    Cichorei Kano

    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 856
    Location : the Holy See

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Cichorei Kano on Thu May 01, 2014 7:24 am

    afulldeck wrote:
    Got me. Looks like there is plenty of space on that bed for you and your party friends....My only question is where do you connect the handcuffs?  :-)

    Sorry I didn't include a pic of the ceiling.


    _________________


    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

    afulldeck

    Posts : 377
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by afulldeck on Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    afulldeck wrote:
    Got me. Looks like there is plenty of space on that bed for you and your party friends....My only question is where do you connect the handcuffs?  :-)

    Sorry I didn't include a pic of the ceiling.

    I thought that was a mirror :-)


    _________________
    “I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.” ... Epicurus at Sen. Lucil, 29.10

    Sponsored content

    Re: Skilful application of katame waza

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:36 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 am