E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Blind randori

Ro

Re: Blind randori

Post by Ro on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am

I've done some blind randori before. I loved practicing this way it defiantly improved my judo. It's not a bad idea especially when you wanna notice your bad habits as well. The problem is it can be very dangerous at times. Someone really needs to be watching.

If you are having trouble getting to that next step in your training this might be an good idea to try.
    Angelven

Post by Angelven on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

I try to do a lot of blind ukemi - when we are practicing foot sweeps ukemi for example, with a uke jumping up and down and tori just sweeping the legs out under you, I normally close my eyes - only problem is I can, as you all state, REALLY feel tori deciding to sweep me on this jump :-)

I've never tried blind randori but when just trying to figure out how to do a throw or getting thrown, it's been a great help actually.

Blind newaza - hmmm... I think we have to try that :-)
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 am

I used to make use of this approach particularly in teaching pre-adolescent groups, where it was sufficiently safe and remarkably effective. Before moving to blind randori, we first practised a lot of blind yaku-soku-geiko and kakari-geiko.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 pm