E-Judo

Judo network and forum

The 1st Kodokan Youth Judo Education Camp

Cichorei Kano

The 1st Kodokan Youth Judo Education Camp

Post by Cichorei Kano on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:39 pm

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    NBK

Re: The 1st Kodokan Youth Judo Education Camp

Post by NBK on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:11 am

Nice write up. I wonder if this is a one off, or if they plan to do this on a regular basis with other judo federations? Maybe next yr Iura sensei can show up with all 8 of Iceland's judoka! But sincerely, it looks like a great program.

Some of these folks showed up at a weekend martial arts demo we gave at the US Embassy housing compound; one of our members ran into them at the Kodokan during training and invited them.

This sort of broad, multi-venue experience is not easy to coordinate - coordinating the local transportation alone would be a real pain.  For the participants it would be something to remember for a lifetime.  Such a broad cultural discussion seems to be more in line with Kano shihan's thoughts than simply drills and randori.  

NBK

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am