E-Judo

Judo network and forum


    Failed assassination attempt today!

    Share
    avatar
    ThePieman

    Posts : 263
    Join date : 2012-12-28

    Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by ThePieman on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 am

    avatar
    finarashi

    Posts : 469
    Join date : 2013-01-11
    Location : Finland

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by finarashi on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

    This is the world we live in?


    _________________
    ... even professors make mistakes!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:48 am

    Unbelievable - but - did you see the way he swiped the gun away and then rolled off stage ? I guess he must be trained or just blind instinct ?
    avatar
    Stacey

    Posts : 553
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Location : your worst nightmares

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Stacey on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 am

    WWI, started with an assassination. There have always been political assassinations and attempts. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Understand the desire to stomp the gunman, but respect the guys who tried to protect him and take him into custody.

    Way to go, Bulgarian Politician - that's about the best a person can do. Glad you got out unharmed. Glad the gun jammed.
    avatar
    Cichorei Kano

    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 857
    Location : the Holy See

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Cichorei Kano on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 am

    Why was the culprit not simply arrested and why are the "well-behaving gentlemen" kicking him while he is lying on the ground instead of simply controlling him until police handcuffs him ?


    _________________


    "The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    avatar
    BillC

    Posts : 806
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Vista, California

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by BillC on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 am

    Dew wrote:Unbelievable - but - did you see the way he swiped the gun away and then rolled off stage ? I guess he must be trained or just blind instinct ?

    Quite right, Dewd. I thought about it while scarfing my lunch down ... the goshijutsu came to mind .. no, let's snot start a thread about the utility of this non-kata or lack thereof ... and from then to one of my favorite YewTewb bits ... inserted below.

    It's not the best performance ever ... easy to shoot holes in ... pun intended ... I don't like the wakigatame as it breaks the "rule of cows" ... but it is a reasonable and quick review for people with a short attention ... what was I saying? ... oh yeah, anyway if one wants to go through the defenses quickly it's handy to refer to.

    But I always laughed and poked a bit of fun ... sorry if the guy who did this is a forum member ... because the added sound effects are cool but in the pistol defense one hears a big "click" and then the defense is made. My assumption was "dead men kick no tails."

    Besides ... it's a fools errand anyway ... let the guy take your wallet ... it will still be a good story if not an ego-stoking one ... and one will live to tell the tale.

    Then ... I saw Pie-Guy's post above and had an epiphany of sorts. It occurs to me at this moment that I am old enough to remember Squeaky Fromme and to have voted against Gerald Ford. Anyway ... in both the Bulgarian case and this Kodokan test case the attacker is what Allen Wrench calls "gun dumb." He obviously is not familiar with a semi-auto firearm ... or maybe he went off his medication, got nervous and just forgot what they told him at Walmart when he purchased it ... thus the sound of the hammer dropping on an empty chamber.

    At that moment ... besides the sudden warmth in one's compression underpants ... the thought may have occurred to the defender "this guy wants to shoot me! I'd better get him before he remembers and pulls the slide back." So the genius in this goshinjutsu video is that it in fact does intend to let his wallet be taken but when he hears the click he understands that he does need to act to save not just his money, credit cards and on-line identity ... but his life.


    Hanon

    Posts : 537
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Hanon on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:Why was the culprit not simply arrested and why are the "well-behaving gentlemen" kicking him while he is lying on the ground instead of simply controlling him until police handcuffs him ?

    One word. Bulgaria. I consider that attacker VERY lucky. You mention the police, that's when his troubles will START.

    Looking back on my travels to that part of the world I have to consider myself very fortunate. In many of the Balkan countries that attacker would have been dead, buried and forgotten already.

    I have no desire to visit such countries again any time soon. I recall while on my last visit to Bulgaria a women finally being apprehended for well over a dozen muggings in Sofia. She mugged men! Some of the toughest lasses on a tatami I have ever taught and fought, if they get you on the ground you're toast! Phewwww Those ladies add a new dimension to ironing your gi......they do it while your still in it:face:

    Mike
    avatar
    Judo Dad

    Posts : 147
    Join date : 2013-01-01
    Location : Australia

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Judo Dad on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 pm

    ThePieman wrote:

    Tomiki Sensei would have recognised the moves!

    avatar
    sodo

    Posts : 168
    Join date : 2013-01-11
    Location : Europe

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by sodo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

    Hanon wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:Why was the culprit not simply arrested and why are the "well-behaving gentlemen" kicking him while he is lying on the ground instead of simply controlling him until police handcuffs him ?

    One word. Bulgaria. I consider that attacker VERY lucky. You mention the police, that's when his troubles will START.

    Looking back on my travels to that part of the world I have to consider myself very fortunate. In many of the Balkan countries that attacker would have been dead, buried and forgotten already.

    I have no desire to visit such countries again any time soon. I recall while on my last visit to Bulgaria a women finally being apprehended for well over a dozen muggings in Sofia. She mugged men! Some of the toughest lasses on a tatami I have ever taught and fought, if they get you on the ground you're toast! Phewwww Those ladies add a new dimension to ironing your gi......they do it while your still in it:face:

    Mike

    Yepp! sounds about right, I still get regularly get down in that area; I was in Rumania, Moldavia and the Ukrain in December and am of to Slovenia tomorrow all just for work and unfortunately no time for judo Sad

    It's a hard life Smile

    atb

    sodo lite

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:23 pm

    Hanon wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:Why was the culprit not simply arrested and why are the "well-behaving gentlemen" kicking him while he is lying on the ground instead of simply controlling him until police handcuffs him ?

    One word. Bulgaria. I consider that attacker VERY lucky. You mention the police, that's when his troubles will START.

    Looking back on my travels to that part of the world I have to consider myself very fortunate. In many of the Balkan countries that attacker would have been dead, buried and forgotten already.

    I have no desire to visit such countries again any time soon. I recall while on my last visit to Bulgaria a women finally being apprehended for well over a dozen muggings in Sofia. She mugged men! Some of the toughest lasses on a tatami I have ever taught and fought, if they get you on the ground you're toast! Phewwww Those ladies add a new dimension to ironing your gi......they do it while your still in it:face:

    Mike

    Hi Mike,
    I have family living in Varna region go out frequently to see them and also own property there(hoping to retire out there) I find the people welcoming and friendly never felt uncomfortable.

    The countries poor, labour you are talking £10(20lev)a day. Pensioners starve if there crops fail. Apart from the village rackia(homebrew)drunk, they are a proud people, when they find out i'm over to do some work every one comes to see me with offerings of the homebrew preserved veg ect.

    "love the place" I love you

    Language is very difficult I get by with a small vocabulary and a smile.

    Just thought I would give the normal side of life there

    Pete


    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm

    Some more info on the subject.

    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=147070


    some saying it was staged, also talk of prosecuting the persons for brutal attack on him.
    Did you see the old man with walking stick lets send him down for 5yrs Shocked

    One thing bulgaria's good at is dragging out court cases so that by the time things hit court its long forgotten, thats how a lot off wealthy mafia types seem to get off.
    avatar
    genetic judoka

    Posts : 541
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 31
    Location : Florida

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by genetic judoka on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

    the video appears to have been taken down.


    _________________
    Warning: I am very opinionated, and very willing to share that opinion. However I am very much aware that I am here as a student, not a teacher.
    avatar
    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 60
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by judoratt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:41 am

    genetic judoka wrote:the video appears to have been taken down.

    +1

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 am

    genetic judoka wrote:the video appears to have been taken down.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr1Ak3TSoQk

    not as good as the original posted but you get the jest.

    what do you think? gun was a gas gun! brutal beating! are the people beating this guy just as bad as the action in the first place.


    Link to another view

    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=147086


    Last edited by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added as another view)
    avatar
    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 60
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by judoratt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 am

    Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am

    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?
    avatar
    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 60
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by judoratt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 am

    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?

    Interesting:o I don't see a problem with him getting beat up, heck he could have gotten shot. If you do something stupid like this you should have your ass kicked, how else will you learn a lesson.SmileSmile JMHO

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

    judoratt wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?

    Interesting:o I don't see a problem with him getting beat up, heck he could have gotten shot. If you do something stupid like this you should have your ass kicked, how else will you learn a lesson.SmileSmile JMHO

    Yes very interesting response. This happens a lot in Bulgaria particularly against the Gypsy community, police tend to turn a blind eye and the gypsy who has done wrong gets his legs broke.

    Is this also common practice in seattle America?


    Last edited by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    avatar
    Blacksmith

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2012-12-27

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Blacksmith on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 am

    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?

    Interesting:o I don't see a problem with him getting beat up, heck he could have gotten shot. If you do something stupid like this you should have your ass kicked, how else will you learn a lesson.SmileSmile JMHO

    Yes very interesting response. This happens a lot in Bulgaria particularly against the Gypsy community, police tend to turn a blind eye and the gypsy who has done wrong gets his legs broke.

    Is this also common practice in seattle America?

    I'm not sure what you are asking is common practice here in the States - the asasination attempt, or the beating that followed? My perspective is this; I'm not sure at what level of politics this occurred (local, state federal), but I suspect that each increasing level it would be harder to get a gun close to the politician, and that the response would be different at each level. For example, a local official might not have any security when s/he appeared to give a speech. If an attempt were made, his/her only protection would come come from the locals gathered to see what s/he was speaking about. At the county, or state level, there would most likely be some type of police presence to a)guard the politician b)get an attacker to the ground. At the national level, I suspect that the attacker would not have gotten the gun in, gotten this close to the President. But then again, I'm pretty sure that had he, deadly force would have resulted. I think both of these guys got off lucky (politician survived...so did the attacker). If either were just looking for their 15 minutes of fame, they picked a potentially lethal way to get it.

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 am

    Blacksmith wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?

    Interesting:o I don't see a problem with him getting beat up, heck he could have gotten shot. If you do something stupid like this you should have your ass kicked, how else will you learn a lesson.SmileSmile JMHO

    Yes very interesting response. This happens a lot in Bulgaria particularly against the Gypsy community, police tend to turn a blind eye and the gypsy who has done wrong gets his legs broke.

    Is this also common practice in seattle America?

    I'm not sure what you are asking is common practice here in the States - the asasination attempt, or the beating that followed? My perspective is this; I'm not sure at what level of politics this occurred (local, state federal), but I suspect that each increasing level it would be harder to get a gun close to the politician, and that the response would be different at each level. For example, a local official might not have any security when s/he appeared to give a speech. If an attempt were made, his/her only protection would come come from the locals gathered to see what s/he was speaking about. At the county, or state level, there would most likely be some type of police presence to a)guard the politician b)get an attacker to the ground. At the national level, I suspect that the attacker would not have gotten the gun in, gotten this close to the President. But then again, I'm pretty sure that had he, deadly force would have resulted. I think both of these guys got off lucky (politician survived...so did the attacker). If either were just looking for their 15 minutes of fame, they picked a potentially lethal way to get it.

    I was digging at Judorats flippant reply, who as a Judo man is suggesting a good beating is acceptable, hence my asking if that was common practice in Seattle Evil or Very Mad

    My comment on Bulgaria and the Gypsy community, is the same as knee capping in northern Ireland, and everywhere else in the world who consider taking retribution into there own hands is acceptable.



    avatar
    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 60
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by judoratt on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm

    medo wrote:
    Blacksmith wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:
    medo wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Wow! the only thing that saved this guy is the fact the gun miss fired twice. Great post high def and all, you can hear the click of the gun missfire.ShockedShocked

    Nope it was a gas gun, these fire a plank, basically make a noise, can be converted to fire a ball bearing but likely to flash at short range and produce a burn to bare skin.

    My opinion is the gun was not even loaded with a blank, therefor completely harmless. The guy was having his 15 minutes of fame!
    Making a point! what ever! did he deserve this mob mentality beating him up? these people are majors and politicians laying in to him good or bad what do you think?

    Interesting:o I don't see a problem with him getting beat up, heck he could have gotten shot. If you do something stupid like this you should have your ass kicked, how else will you learn a lesson.SmileSmile JMHO

    Yes very interesting response. This happens a lot in Bulgaria particularly against the Gypsy community, police tend to turn a blind eye and the gypsy who has done wrong gets his legs broke.

    Is this also common practice in seattle America?

    I'm not sure what you are asking is common practice here in the States - the asasination attempt, or the beating that followed? My perspective is this; I'm not sure at what level of politics this occurred (local, state federal), but I suspect that each increasing level it would be harder to get a gun close to the politician, and that the response would be different at each level. For example, a local official might not have any security when s/he appeared to give a speech. If an attempt were made, his/her only protection would come come from the locals gathered to see what s/he was speaking about. At the county, or state level, there would most likely be some type of police presence to a)guard the politician b)get an attacker to the ground. At the national level, I suspect that the attacker would not have gotten the gun in, gotten this close to the President. But then again, I'm pretty sure that had he, deadly force would have resulted. I think both of these guys got off lucky (politician survived...so did the attacker). If either were just looking for their 15 minutes of fame, they picked a potentially lethal way to get it.

    I was digging at Judorats flippant reply, who as a Judo man is suggesting a good beating is acceptable, hence my asking if that was common practice in Seattle Evil or Very Mad

    My comment on Bulgaria and the Gypsy community, is the same as knee capping in northern Ireland, and everywhere else in the world who consider taking retribution into there own hands is acceptable.




    I am not trying to be flippant sorry it came across that way. Would this happen in seattle? No the man with the gun could have been shot the threat would never be thought of being harmless. If he was subdued and the polititions started beating him on film every one would have been sued and the criminal would eventualy be rich if he ever got out of jail. The assalt of this crimnal is not legal or politicaly correct, but in the end was he realy serriously hurt? And do you belive he did not deserve this?

    BTW I was expecting a response on this thanks for the debate. Surprised:o
    avatar
    genetic judoka

    Posts : 541
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 31
    Location : Florida

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by genetic judoka on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 pm

    so the man tried to kill him with a fake gun. was this a staged assassination attempt? serious question.


    _________________
    Warning: I am very opinionated, and very willing to share that opinion. However I am very much aware that I am here as a student, not a teacher.

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 am

    genetic judoka wrote:so the man tried to kill him with a fake gun. was this a staged assassination attempt? serious question.

    Who knows bom

    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=147102

    http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=147146


    Time will feed more info..


    Last edited by medo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : another link added)

    medo

    Posts : 276
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by medo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 am


    I am not trying to be flippant sorry it came across that way. Would this happen in seattle? No the man with the gun could have been shot the threat would never be thought of being harmless. If he was subdued and the polititions started beating him on film every one would have been sued and the criminal would eventualy be rich if he ever got out of jail. The assalt of this crimnal is not legal or politicaly correct, but in the end was he realy serriously hurt? And do you belive he did not deserve this?

    BTW I was expecting a response on this thanks for the debate. Surprised:o[/quote]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mob mentality to me shown here, is worse than the crime, so no I do not think he deserved the beating.

    He was relieved of the so called weapon and two guys had him down and controlled the others decided to take there anger/frustration out on him.

    If they are capable of this when they become angry, do you think they might just be capable of beating their wife's, there kids??

    Jail the lot even the old man with his walking stick I say............


    Last edited by medo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : split reply)
    avatar
    judoratt

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2012-12-30
    Age : 60
    Location : Seattle

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by judoratt on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm

    medo wrote:
    I am not trying to be flippant sorry it came across that way. Would this happen in seattle? No the man with the gun could have been shot the threat would never be thought of being harmless. If he was subdued and the polititions started beating him on film every one would have been sued and the criminal would eventualy be rich if he ever got out of jail. The assalt of this crimnal is not legal or politicaly correct, but in the end was he realy serriously hurt? And do you belive he did not deserve this?

    BTW I was expecting a response on this thanks for the debate. Surprised:o
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mob mentality to me shown here, is worse than the crime, so no I do not think he deserved the beating.

    He was relieved of the so called weapon and two guys had him down and controlled the others decided to take there anger/frustration out on him.

    If they are capable of this when they become angry, do you think they might just be capable of beating their wife's, there kids??

    Jail the lot even the old man with his walking stick I say............[/quote]

    Sorry we do not agree but I kenw I would be in the minority on this, As I said if this happened in the US every person that kicked him would be in serious trouble. What realy suprises me is the way that some dismiss the fact that this gentelman pointed a gun at his head and pulled the trigger. In the US where we almost have one gun for every person we take crimes like this seriously and this guy would go away for quite a long time. ShockedShocked

    Sponsored content

    Re: Failed assassination attempt today!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm