E-Judo

Judo network and forum

UFC women's champ Ronda Rousey throws judo world champion

Cichorei Kano

UFC women's champ Ronda Rousey throws judo world champion

Post by Cichorei Kano on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Happy to see Rondadori teach a judo seminar in Brazil. Hope she will once return to the judo competitive scene bringing all her added knowledge from UFC/MMA with. enjoy:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/18/6415323/video-ufc-womens-champ-ronda-rousey-throws-male-judo-world-champion

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    Jihef

Re: UFC women's champ Ronda Rousey throws judo world champion

Post by Jihef on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:Happy to see Rondadori teach a judo seminar in Brazil. Hope she will once return to the judo competitive scene bringing all her added knowledge from UFC/MMA with. enjoy:
    Damn, she really is something !
    Beautiful Hane-goshi demo around 04:10'
    I love you

Ryvai

Post by Ryvai on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Jihef wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:Happy to see Rondadori teach a judo seminar in Brazil. Hope she will once return to the judo competitive scene bringing all her added knowledge from UFC/MMA with. enjoy:
    Damn, she really is something !
    Beautiful Hane-goshi demo around 04:10'
    I love you

I've been under the impression that this type of attack was uchi-mata, even tho the leg is slightly bent and resembles hane-goshi, similar to the tokui-waza of kosei-inoue. I believe hane-goshi requires uke to be thrown more or less on the spot (up-and-down) while uchi-mata launches uke forward using the inside of the thigh? Anyways, it is a very beautiful display of waza Smile
    Jihef

Post by Jihef on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Ryvai wrote:I've been under the impression that this type of attack was uchi-mata, even tho the leg is slightly bent and resembles hane-goshi, similar to the tokui-waza of kosei-inoue. I believe hane-goshi requires uke to be thrown more or less on the spot (up-and-down) while uchi-mata launches uke forward using the inside of the thigh? Anyways, it is a very beautiful display of waza Smile
    The leg definitely works as in hane-goshi.
    The grip around the collar doesn't make it textbook. (I would be curious to know how she called it.)

Great demo and great body control.

Davaro

Post by Davaro on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 am

At 2:40 in the clip... would that just be a seio-nage variation or some sort of "garuma" ?

For some reason I cant seem to get my head around what to classify that throw as. It looks absolutely effortless though.

http://www.saizenjudo.wozaonline.co.za/
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:19 am

Davaro wrote:At 2:40 in the clip... would that just be a seio-nage variation or some sort of "garuma" ?

For some reason I cant seem to get my head around what to classify that throw as. It looks absolutely effortless though.

It's can end up as a form of seoi nage or sode tsurikomi goshi depending on exactly how it's finished. It's a pretty common entry these day, a way to deal with kenka yotsu or attack to tori "weak" side (left for a righty, right for a lefty).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:12 am