E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Judogi Alterations - Manchester / Wigan UK area

SKHool

Judogi Alterations - Manchester / Wigan UK area

Post by SKHool on Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for taking a look.

I'm a 5'7" Judoka with a rotund physique.  Therefore, I tend to buy size 4 or 4.5 (depending on the company).
    Anyway, I have always had the trousers altered without too much of a problem, but my local seamstress has never fancied doing the sleeves of my judogi as she doesn't think her machine is suitable.  I've decided I'd like to have them taken up a little (they did shrink on hot washes to begin with but not enough) as I am easily carrying one and a half inches on the sleeve that I can have removed without being close to the limit.

I've done a number of searches on Yellow pages / Google / Twitter / forums etc and can't find any advice for my area. I apologise if its already been discussed but my key word searches on this forum didn't return any results.

I'd really like a professional job done so if anyone knows of anyone in the Manchester / Wigan (North West ish) areas who would be willing to do this work would they please advise?  

Many thanks.

medo

Re: Judogi Alterations - Manchester / Wigan UK area

Post by medo on Thu May 14, 2015 2:23 am

Have you tried Milom's years ago they made or imported suits and mat canvas's they are up your way.

Muzuno do a variety of suits that may be a better fit for you?

SKHool

Post by SKHool on Thu May 14, 2015 2:29 am

medo wrote:Have you tried Milom's years ago they made or imported suits and mat canvas's they are up your way.

Superb, I will give them a call and see if they can help. I actually have a Mizuno gi and this is one I need altering (I have quite short arms cheers ) - thank you for the time in responding Smile
    Nic

Post by Nic on Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 am

I take the sleeves of my jackets up myself. I use a regular sewing machine & use a jeans attachment for doing the seem. It's not too thick if you only turn it over once & then sew a strip of cotton over the top to secure it. I actually have a roll of the cotton strips we use to tie intubation tubes to patients. Works great. But I'm sure there's another product like that out there.
    JudoStu

Post by JudoStu on Thu May 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I recently has the skirt of my gi shortened by 4 inches and just took it to a high street tailors. They had to send it away to get it done but I got it back in 10 days and paid £20

SKHool

Post by SKHool on Thu May 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you for the responses guys.
    @JudoStu - was it a well known high street tailors? I just wonder if they told you where they sent it?
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy on Fri May 15, 2015 7:55 am

medo wrote:Have you tried Milom's years ago they made or imported suits and mat canvas's they are up your way.

Milom stopped trading years ago.

medo

Post by medo on Fri May 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Jonesy wrote:

Are you sure! did google them before answering to check, at 54 I over the years bought many unbleached suits and canvases from them.
    JudoStu

Post by JudoStu on Fri May 15, 2015 8:09 pm

SKHool wrote:Thank you for the responses guys.
    @JudoStu - was it a well known high street tailors?  I just wonder if they told you where they sent it?

It was here http://www.knightsdrycleaners.com/
    They didn't tell me where the gi was sent but they just said it needed a special machine (the ones they use for leather I believe)

Post by Jonesy on Fri May 15, 2015 9:09 pm

medo wrote:
    Jonesy wrote:

Are you sure!  did google them before answering to check, at 54 I over the years bought many unbleached suits and canvases from them.
    Yes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:28 pm