E-Judo

Judo network and forum

New Admin

Admin
    Admin

New Admin

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm

A suitable candidate has been found to take over the root admin of the site. They will introduce themselves in due course - but be assured you are in safe hands. Live long and prosper.

Hanon

Re: New Admin

Post by Hanon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Admin wrote:A suitable candidate has been found to take over the root admin of the site. They will introduce themselves in due course - but be assured you are in safe hands. Live long and prosper.

Well Dew I shall be sorry to see you leave. A sincere thank you for taking this initiative. Please keep in touch and let me know how your studies are going.

Mike
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Well done on a good job Dew, hopefully this forum will continue to grow and prosper into the future and songs will be sang in your honour! rabbit

Peahen

Post by Peahen on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 am

Well done it is good to know that something good and new has come out of the old forum and is simply much better. WE still need to find The Haff for us BJA expats

grassroots

Post by grassroots on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 am

Why not invite him. You can find his E-mail address on page 25 of the current Matside magazine.Incidently I did try and start a discussion thread on issues raised on that page but no takers.Apathy rules!!!!!
    Carlo

Post by Carlo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:18 am

Hi All,

I thought I'd let you know I've taken over the job of Root Admin. I was a little surprised I was asked, but
    decided to give it a go.

I've been working in the background of the forum for some time now, and can assure you that I'm not going to
    undo any of the good work Dew has put into getting this forum going.

Go easy on me, I'm not sure how thick my skin is yet Smile

Carlo.

Hanon

Post by Hanon on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 am

Carlo wrote:Hi All,

I thought I'd let you know I've taken over the job of Root Admin. I was a little surprised I was asked, but
    decided to give it a go.

I've been working in the background of the forum for some time now, and can assure you that I'm not going to

Carlo.

Congratulations Carlo or should that be commiserations?Twisted EvilTwisted EvilVery Happy:D

Mike

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:28 am

Carlo wrote:Hi All,

decided to give it a go.

Carlo.

Carlo,

Congratulations with your new job, and I think I can speak for all members when I extend my thanks to you for your willingness to take over and do what at times might be a daunting task.

I hope that your journey as an administrator will be a prosperous one, and I hope that forum members will support you and put efforts in to making your work easier rather than more difficult. It is great to have this tool which allows people to share the enthusiasm they have for judo, and we realize that being given this chance is a privilege rather than entitlement.

I wish you success in your new job, and may the burden it brings on your other activities be limited. I also wish that in doing this job it will bring you a feeling of accomplishment rather than frustration and fatigue.

C.K.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    accident_prone

Post by accident_prone on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

welcome, carlo.

if you need the expertise of a seasoned unix/linux admin, shoot any questions my way.
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Congratulations Carlo. Thanks for helping out.

BillC

Post by BillC on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Another Limey ... ah jeez louise ... it just keeps getting worse!
    seatea

Post by seatea on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:42 pm

BillC wrote:Another Limey ... ah jeez louise ... it just keeps getting worse!

Soon this whole site will be nothing but 'the BJA is shit' threads! Muuuwwwahhahaha!

finarashi

Post by finarashi on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Indeed this thread could go a long, long ... long ..... looooong way!

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:03 am

Welcome, my friend- thank you for taking over what will soon be (and indeed might already be) the most important/relevant/vital Judo discussion board on the planet. Yours is a VERY important job- thousands of Judoka need a place to go and discuss our sport- and this is now that place.

I have a few questions:

-Do you get paid for doing this?
    -Does the site make money from ads?
    -If "yes," where does the money go?
    -How does the site gain/acquire advertisers?
    -How does the site get the word out that it exists (i.e., how does it inform the Judo public at large that it's even here)?
    -Can this site help me to actually throw someone with Tai Otoshi?
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 am

No money, no advertising. No

I think you should post in the waza section and see if somebody here can get your tai otoshi in working order. Twisted Evil

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 am

ThePieman wrote:No money, no advertising. No

I think you should post in the waza section and see if somebody here can get your tai otoshi in working order. Twisted Evil

Haha I think the only thing that would improve my Tai O would be a brain transplant.

Anyway- wow- so no money or anything-- just to help people (like me!) have a place to go and talk Judo. That is SO cool...
    Carlo

Post by Carlo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 am

NYCNewbie wrote:Welcome, my friend- thank you for taking over what will soon be (and indeed might already be) the most important/relevant/vital Judo discussion board on the planet. Yours is a VERY important job- thousands of Judoka need a place to go and discuss our sport- and this is now that place.

I have a few questions:

-How does the site get the word out that it exists (i.e., how does it inform the Judo public at large that it's even here)?

Hi NYCNewbie,

Myself and all of the admins on this site do this for free.
    This site is a free site provided by Forumotion. Any revenue made from the advertising on this site will go to them.
    You may of noticed that when you are signed in now you do not see any more advertising. This is a paid for option that I personally contributed to. (If you can still see the adverts when you are signed in, let me know).
    I am not sure if we can put our own advertisers on the site, I could look into it but I personally don't want to have any advertising on here.

At the moment getting the word out has been 'word of mouth' by the members. We can optimise the site with tags, at the moment we don't have many, but this can be changed.
    As the content of the site gets larger it will be more visible to search engines.

I'm not sure if this site will make you throw someone with Tai-Otoshi, but if it does let me know what it was. Smile
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 am

no, this site will not help you with your tai otoshi. It may help you with your shimewaza, but only if you tap in time.

Hanon

Post by Hanon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

Carlo wrote:
    NYCNewbie wrote:Welcome, my friend- thank you for taking over what will soon be (and indeed might already be) the most important/relevant/vital Judo discussion board on the planet. Yours is a VERY important job- thousands of Judoka need a place to go and discuss our sport- and this is now that place.

I have a few questions:

Hi NYCNewbie,

This site is a free site provided by Forumotion. Any revenue made from the advertising on this site will go to them.
    You may of noticed that when you are signed in now you do not see any more advertising. This is a paid for option that I personally contributed to. (If you can still see the adverts when you are signed in, let me know).
    I am not sure if we can put our own advertisers on the site, I could look into it but I personally don't want to have any advertising on here.

At the moment getting the word out has been 'word of mouth' by the members. We can optimise the site with tags, at the moment we don't have many, but this can be changed.
    As the content of the site gets larger it will be more visible to search engines.

I'm not sure if this site will make you throw someone with Tai-Otoshi, but if it does let me know what it was. Smile

Thanks you for sponsoring the forum. I deeply appreciate that.

Mike

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.

NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Carlo wrote:

I have a few questions:

Hi NYCNewbie,

Carlo what you've done and are doing is fantastic. I was (and still am) so heartbroken over the demise of the JudoForum I can't even tell you; this forum being here eases the pain a bit and gives me hope. I love watching it fill up with threads!

I still wonder if we can port over JudoForum threads somehow, someway...It's just so tragic and awful to think of them going down the toilet- and for what? Why? It boggles the mind...

Anyway once again thanks a million.

defrgs6

Post by defrgs6 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Great to have the Forum back. Good luck to you Carlo and thanks for the help today.
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

defrgs6 wrote:Great to have the Forum back. Good luck to you Carlo and thanks for the help today.

hiya defrgs6! Glad to see you here!
    Udon

Post by Udon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 am

Carlo thank you very much for taking on the job of running this forum. The forum has the potential to be of great benefit to Judo.
    Best of luck!
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks Dew for what you did for us. thumbup1 

Carlo, commiserations for what you have got yourself into. affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 am