E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Greetings

dborn

Greetings

Post by dborn on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 am

Hi,

after doing my very first post here at this new forum in another thread (see: http://judo.forumsmotion.com/t297-alternative#2260) I would like to take the opportunity to say "hello" to everyone and introduce myself in brief:

My name is Dieter Born, actually living at the nice city of Bonn, Germany.

I have been practicing judo for more than 45 years now - still learning and discovering new things every day. That's the main reason for me to join this forum, since I would like to get as much input as possible.

I had also an account at the "old forum" - but since I did only a very few posts there and certainly nobody would remember my name, I decided to join this new forum with my "almost real name" (as my long-time friend "wdax" put it in another thread: http://judo.forumsmotion.com/t260-a-question-regarding-the-use-of-real-names#1857)

I would be glad to see some of you guys somewhere in the near future - either at a judo event or at a cozy drinking place. ;-)

Greetings,
    Dieter

Please visit also:
    - www.judo-sport.de (Judo information site and internet community in German language)
    - www.japan-magazin.de (periodical on Japan - with focus on travelling, lifestyle and culture)
    Cichorei Kano

Re: Greetings

Post by Cichorei Kano on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 am

dborn wrote:Hi,

after doing my very first post here at this new forum in another thread (see: http://judo.forumsmotion.com/t297-alternative#2260) I would like to take the opportunity to say "hello" to everyone and introduce myself in brief:

My name is Dieter Born, actually living at the nice city of Bonn, Germany.

I have been practicing judo for more than 45 years now - still learning and discovering new things every day. That's the main reason for me to join this forum, since I would like to get as much input as possible.

I had also an account at the "old forum" - but since I did only a very few posts there and certainly nobody would remember my name, I decided to join this new forum with my "almost real name" (as my long-time friend "wdax" put it in another thread: http://judo.forumsmotion.com/t260-a-question-regarding-the-use-of-real-names#1857)

I would be glad to see some of you guys somewhere in the near future - either at a judo event or at a cozy drinking place. ;-)

Greetings,
    Dieter

Dieter,

Welcome on this forum. I for one am very glad to see you. I have tremendously valued your work. Your approach always shows a commitment to accuracy and critical inquiry, applying historical methods. Judo needs people like yourself, so please continue doing what you are doing ! The effect which the new generation of Germany budô researchers has with people like yourself, H. Bitmann, A. Niehaus, J. Braun, is already very tangible !

Best wishes,

C.K.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

dborn

Post by dborn on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:Dieter,

Welcome on this forum. I for one am very glad to see you. I have tremendously valued your work. Your approach always shows a commitment to accuracy and critical inquiry, applying historical methods. Judo needs people like yourself, so please continue doing what you are doing ! The effect which the new generation of Germany budô researchers has with people like yourself, H. Bitmann, A. Niehaus, J. Braun, is already very tangible !

Best wishes,

C.K.
    Thank you, C.K.

We should keep in touch anyways - either here or in real life. Wink

Greetings,
    Dieter

Please visit also:
    - www.judo-sport.de (Judo information site and internet community in German language)
    - www.japan-magazin.de (periodical on Japan - with focus on travelling, lifestyle and culture)
    Stacey

Post by Stacey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

welcome, Dieter. Hope you find this forum useful and enjoy your journey here. If I ever cross the pond and get into Germany, I'll make sure to look you up. Judo and cozy drinking establishments - can there be better in any part of the world?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:01 pm