E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Randori & shiai

Ricebale

Re: Randori & shiai

Post by Ricebale on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:23 am

Hanon wrote:
    DCS wrote:For me it is the players intent/mindset, not the intensity, what separates one from the other.

That's certainly part of it.

Mike

In Randori I throw and get thrown, try to use skill, if I have to muscle a throw or submission in Randori then I consider that a failure. In Randori if I can craft an opportunity for a less skilled person to throw me with technique I consider that a success.

in Shiai I refuse to concede and I seek the finish.

I don't think I fully comprehend the full purpose of both but I'm getting there.

Hanon

Re: Randori & shiai

Post by Hanon on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 am

Ricebale wrote:
    Hanon wrote:
    DCS wrote:For me it is the players intent/mindset, not the intensity, what separates one from the other.

That's certainly part of it.

Mike

In Randori I throw and get thrown, try to use skill, if I have to muscle a throw or submission in Randori then I consider that a failure. In Randori if I can craft an opportunity for a less skilled person to throw me with technique I consider that a success.

in Shiai I refuse to concede and I seek the finish.

I don't think I fully comprehend the full purpose of both but I'm getting there.

You are indeed.

Kind regards,

Mike

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking.

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 am