E-Judo

Judo network and forum

valentines day confusion

genetic judoka

valentines day confusion

Post by genetic judoka on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:05 am

ok so first and foremost how many of you are going to the dojo on VDay?

I am gonna go train, and the wife is fine with this (we did our official valentine's day celebration last weekend). however she may still be a little bit annoyed. so in addition to the card and gifts given last weekend, I am giving her flowers and another card tomorrow. my question is should I give it to her in the morning, after I pick her up from work before I head to practice (that way while I'm at practice she's not sitting there thinking about how much she hates me), or wait til I get home from practice?

Re: valentines day confusion

Post by afulldeck on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 am

Learn now that when she says 'she's fine' she might not be fine, when she says 'yes" it might mean 'no', and when she says 'no' it might mean 'yes'. You are now living in the land called ambiguity where confusion and miscommunication can kill relationships. Trust your feelings/gut and use your empathy. Logic does not necessary apply. In otherwords '...feel the force..."

Believe me when I say EMPATHY saves many a marriage and builds trust. You know this already, because you asked the question, but your guy thinking or trying to use logic. Do yourself a big, big favour and take the day off of training. Spending time with her talking or what ever (HINT, HINT). Show her she is more important than your other love---judo. Build all the browny points you can muster now....you are going to need them......
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 am

Wow, Fulldeck, you should have your own subforum where we can all come for advice! Very Happy

Makes sense GJ! Twisted Evil

Dalai Lama

tafftaz

Post by tafftaz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

Give her the gifts first thing in the morning.....you can get away with anything then.

Worked for me, 27 years and counting Very Happy
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Also, always remember that you can NEVER win. Al Bundy was right from the beginning.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:00 pm

you just got married right? believe me dude, spend the time with her on v-day. don't go to practice.

-married man
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm

well for what it's worth, this is the card I got her:

and she wants to go to the gym tomorrow too. I doubt she is actually gonna be mad. especially when it was her idea to do our valentines day early. we already exchanged gifts and everything. I just got her flowers and that card (her second card thus far) to surprise her. I was just trying to figure out when I should give it to her. I think I'm gonna go with taz on this one and give it to her in the morning.

Post by Ricebale on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Valentines is also my wedding anniversary, so night off but luckily I got in a lunch session!

danguy

Post by danguy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 am

Well, GJ you set yourself up for this unanswerable problem when you married a non-judoka. Now, just because you survived the day this year, it will not, repeat, not, get easier next year or any year there after. This is one of those joys one finds in married life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:30 pm