E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Kimura's throws?

Sukai

Kimura's throws?

Post by Sukai on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 am

I am in the midst of redefining my tournament throws and was wondering if anyone knew which throws Kimura focused on in his prime? I know he had a devastating osoto-gari (my favorite throw also) and I remember reading that he also liked seoi-nage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jkw

Re: Kimura's throws?

Post by jkw on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 pm

This might be of interest to you:

Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:21 am

Sukai wrote:I am in the midst of redefining my tournament throws and was wondering if anyone knew which throws Kimura focused on in his prime? I know he had a devastating osoto-gari (my favorite throw also) and I remember reading that he also liked seoi-nage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Question: What is so special about the throws that Kimura focused upon during his prime?

Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:02 am

Sukai wrote:I am in the midst of redefining my tournament throws and was wondering if anyone knew which throws Kimura focused on in his prime? I know he had a devastating osoto-gari (my favorite throw also) and I remember reading that he also liked seoi-nage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

"People call me "Jôshô (meaning a man of constant wins or a man who always wins) Kimura". However, I have 4 losses in my judo life. I suffered all these losses when I was a 1st year student at Takushoku University. Until then, I had believed that Ô-soto-gari, Seoi-nage, Ô-uchi-gari, and so on as completed techniques, and compiled wins using these techniques. However, in the spring of 1935, my favorite techniques faced limitations for the first time."  (...)

"When I was in the 5th grade, I had my first shiai. I participated in a team match with Nakayama Dôjô which was about 6km away from my dojo. My opponent was an 8th grader and was bigger than I. I attempted Tai-Otoshi and Ô-soto-gari, but he did not move a bit. I then tried Ô-uchi-gari, he reversed it threw me onto the floor, and pinned me by Kami-shihô-gatame. I could not get out of it and lost." (...)

"When my turn as the Captain came, Kyôto First Commerce Junior High team still had 3 members left. I beat these 3 men by Ô-Uchi-Gari, Newaza, and Newaza respectively. As a result, Chinsei Junior High became the national champion for the first time in its history." (...)

In addition, Kimura depending on the situation sometimes converted his ô-soto-gari into ô-soto-otoshi or ô-soto-makikomi.

"The world is a republic of mediocrities, and always was." (Thomas Carlyle)
    "Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes it fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way." (Blaise Pascal)
    "Quand on essaie, c'est difficile. Quand on n'essaie pas, c'est impossible" (Guess Who ?)
    "I am never wrong. Once I thought I was, and that was a mistake."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:02 pm

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:02 pm